Why words change
Sunday, February 10, 2008
written by Milagrosa


It’s quite intriguing and strange how people of today are so different from people 20 years back. Even our language had changed so much. Everything has changed since the technology boom began. Even slang words are so freaking different today than the slang words of my parents. Take for example the words like peer, seed, torrent, blog, wiki, twit and the other i-words which Steve Jobs popularized. I bet they couldn’t even understand the phrase 3 leechers and 0 seeders. Every time I talk to my parents about it, they cannot comprehend these simple words that we have changed the meanings of it.

But despite all these, there are still some words that did not change but only updated for the benefit of the human kind specifically to me.

Thank goodness they did not change the meaning of shopping. Today we have online cashless shopping and in the convenience of our couch. Even loaning money like pay day loan are done online which are much faster and easier than ever. It’s also has lesser hassle than loaning money to my friends and relative which I find quite embarrassing. It’s anonymous too and you do it online.

Words and their meanings may change thru time, but it’s all for the benefit of every earthling citizen. (I hope)


 Subscribe to a feed? | This post has 0 comments. | Add one?